Monday, March 29, 2010

Spirituality and Purpose

One of the things that inevitably happens as we age is that we think more about those that came before us. Some people think this is due to a drive to be closer to their wisdom and to find meaning for our lives while others believe it is a natural process as we move closer to the end of our life. Whatever the reason, there are great spiritual opportunities, here!

This is a time to get more in touch with our spiritual nature. As our bodies change, it is only natural that we draw aspects of life that are more eternal. For some this means returning to earlier spiritual practices while for others, this new spiritual emphasis leads to seek other newer practices. Whatever your case, this wellspring of spiritual connection becomes a source of fulfillment and well-being. It also becomes part of our creative expression as we connect with friends, family and community in new, deeper and positive ways. It is and important part of expressing our true nature, authenticity and wisdom.

For me, this shows up in many ways but mostly in a drive to be more purposeful and intentional with my life. I sense that, for me, this is a true creative expression of my spiritual nature because what should be more spiritual than living my life connected to the Universe through my unique purpose.

We might all be more satisfied if we could answer the question each morning; "For who's sake am I living this day?"

No comments: