Sunday, November 15, 2009

Noticing

"The heart of most spiritual practice is simply this: Remember. Remember who you are. remember what you love. Remember what is sacred. remember what is true. Remember that you will die, and that this day is a gift. Remember how you wish to live." Wayne Muller, How, Then, Shall We Live?

Today....today I want to notice everything. The rain falling and running off the roof, the soft light on the fallen leaves in the yard, the spider webs in the garden, the dust bunnies behind the door, how this key board feels under my fingertips, the tangy taste of sourdough pancakes.

Over and over I have confirmed that "attention" or "mindfulness" or "awareness" (whatever the word) is the most healing practice for me.

I just get off the path every now and again and need something or someone to gently guide me back. Thanks, Wayne!

No comments: